School Coordinators & Students
Interested in School Walk for Diabetes?
Not ready to register and need more info? Complete our short "I'm Interested" online form and we'll be in touch soon.
Raise Money for your School & Support ADA
The #1 reason why someone donates is because they were asked!
Sometimes it's hard to ask people for money—even when it's for a great cause. So, make your requests for donations personal. Tell your supporters why you want to join the fight to Stop Diabetes!
- Students who register for their School Walk online, can build a personal fundraising webpage and email friends and family to ask for their support.
- Collection envelopes can also be used to collect funds from donors.
- Schools can plan special fundraising events like penny wars or “jeans day” to help reach their school goal.
- Teachers can also get into the act, by encouraging students to reach a certain goal by having a favorite teacher or principal do something silly and fun in front of the whole school (how about a dunk tank, pie-in-the-face, do the chicken dance, dye their hair red or shave off a beard!)
- Always be safe! Never go door-to-door asking for money.
- Ask your supporters if they work for a company with a matching gift program. Many companies give money to charities when their employees do. You could double the amount you raise just by asking this simple question!
Students and schools earn thank you gifts for participating!
- Become a Diabetes Superhero by earning thank you gifts starting at a $10 donation.
- Schools that raise $2,000 or more can earn a certificate to purchase physical education equipment from Gopher.